The Getaway Co. GmbH
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
- INFORMATION ABOUT DATA CONTROLLER AND CONTACT DETAILS
The Getaway Co. GmbH is the data controller, and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our contact details are:
Full name of legal entity: The Getaway Co. GmbH
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Nidelbadstrasse 2a, 8038, Zurich, Switzerland
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Payment details We accept payments both via card payments and bank transfers. We collect personal information such as payment instrument used(Credit card), date and time of the payment, payment amount, expiration date of payment instrument used and billing postcode, IBAN details, Card Code(CVC), your postal address and any other relevant transaction details.
- THE GETAWAY CO. CAN USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR PERSONALIZED ADS AND CONTENT
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business.
- We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you.
Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
- Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
- We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
- We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
- SENSITIVE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
- To provide you with its services and enable you to have the best experience, The Getaway Co. may collect data about your beliefs regarding your plant-based diet, your previous experience with it, or your future dietary plans.
- The Getaway Co. collects this data directly from you when you decide to sign up for a specific upcoming ‘Getaway’ or when you inquire about its products or services via e-mail or other means.
- The Getaway Co. uses personal data related to your beliefs and experience about plant-based diet exclusively for the purpose of fulfilling its contractual obligations; namely to provide its services.
- The Getaway Co. does not sell, share, transfer or disclose such data to third parties and implements all necessary technological and organizational measures to protect this data.
- The Getaway Co. relies on article 6 and 9 of the GDPR to collect and use your sensitive data. We rely on your explicit consent to collect your personal data and we use and store this data only to fulfill our contractual obligations and to provide you with our services.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We may collect personal data about you directly when you;
- Fill out forms on our website or send e-mails to sign up for our services or to inquire about our services
- Contact us through WhatsApp or text messaging
- We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
- The Getaway Co. can send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information via e-emails, SMS, message via social media and WhatsApp messages.
- When we use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, we rely on ‘Legitimate Interests’ ground under article 6 of the GDPR. Our legitimate business interest is in developing our business and in showing you the products and services that may be interesting to you.
- In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), we may send you marketing communications if one of the following occurs:
- you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or
- you agreed to receive marketing communications, and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
- Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes, we will get your express consent.
- You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
- If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided because of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Other companies in our group who provide services to us
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
If you contact us via e-mail and such e-mail includes personal data such as credit card details, please make sure that your e-mail service provider implements necessary security measures such as encryption to protect your data.
- DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under different data protection laws such as the European Union’s GDPR, California’s CCPA or Switzerland’s Data Protection Act, you have different rights in relation to your personal data. These rights may include:
- Right to request access,
- Right to correction of personal data,
- Right to erasure,
- Right to request restriction on use of your data,
- Right to object to sale of your data,
- Right to object to profiling based on your personal data,
- To object to processing,
- To portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
Please note that legal rights you have in relation to your data is not absolute and whether you can exercise them or to what extent depends on the specific request you make and the relevant legal rules.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
- HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your e-mail, please provide the following details:
- Information about who you are and your relationship with us
- The specific right you wish to exercise
- The categories of personal data your request refers to
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to file complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority.
In Switzerland, you may contact the Federal Data Protection Commissioner at:
If you are in another country in Europe, you are free to contact the relevant Data Protection Authority to file a complaint.
(We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you).
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO COMPLY WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS
We may disclose your personal data to courts, law enforcement agencies, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or other third parties authorized by law if we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary. Specifically, we may disclose your information with these parties to:
- to comply with our legal obligations
- to comply with a valid legal request or to respond to claims asserted against The Getaway Co.
- to respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity
- to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability.
If we make material changes that may impact you, we will additionally notify you of such change via e-mail at least ten (10) days before the changes take effect.
You have the right to object to the changes. However, The Getaway Co. reserves the right to refuse to provide its services if you do so.